COVID 19 Notice effective through 18 May 2020:
1. None of our employees are exhibiting COVID 19 symptoms or have tested positive for COVID 19. In an effort to maintain our clients good health, their families good health, our employees and their families good health, all employees will predominantly be working from home, filing pleadings and billing remotely and returning calls by cell phone to preserve social distancing through 15 May 2020. It is anticipated that the courts will reopen on 18 May 2020. However, one employee per day will be in the office to collect office voicemails, receive faxes and open mail, following a 2-day quarantine of the mail.
2. JURY TRIALS: All court jurisdictions have now suspended civil and criminal jury trials through 1 July 2020.
3. NOTARY PUBLIC: We have been granted the authority by the Governor to NOTARIZE AND WITNESS many documents without being in the presence of the signer. Give our Bookkeeper, Brandi Lestremau, a call to set up an appointment and if possible, try to have two witnesses over age 18 present with you.
4. FAMILY LAW CASES:
a. Your SHARED CUSTODY OR VISITATION may be affected by social distancing. Give us a call to find out your rights.
b. We have been granted the authority by the Chief Judge to FINALIZE ALL DIVORCES WITHOUT A COURT APPEARANCE for our clients.
c. Deputies are no longer available to SUPERVISE VISITATION.
d. We have been granted the authority by the Chief Judge to hold many HEARINGS BY PHONE OR VIDEO CONFERENCE for our clients – dress appropriately:
– Ex Parte Custody Hearings,
– Support Enforcement Hearings,
– Protective Order Hearings,
– Emergency Interdiction hearings.
5. JUVENILE COURT: We have been granted the authority of the Chief Judge to conduct hearings by VIDEO CONFERENCE for our clients – dress appropriately.
6. CRIMINAL LAW:
a. We can get any charges for driving on a LICENSE WHICH EXPIRED from 9 Mar – 10 May 2020, dismissed.
b. There is a STATE CURFEW from 10:00 p.m. – 5:00 a.m.
c. All MISDEMEANOR APPEARANCES have been continued until after 15 May 2020. Your attorney will receive notice of the new hearing or trial date.
DO NOT ASSUME THAT YOUR HEARING IS CONTINUED. Some civil and criminal hearings and trials have been Continued if they were scheduled to occur from 17 Mar -15 May 2020. Your attorney will receive Notice of a new hearing or trial date.
7. PRESCRIPTION DEADLINES (Statute of Limitation deadlines) from 12 Mar – 13 Apr 2020 HAVE BEEN SUSPENDED.
Welcome to Ellen Cronin Badeaux, LLC
Frank J. D’Amico, Of Counsel
For more than 27 years, Ellen Cronin Badeaux, LLC has provided family law, criminal defense and plaintiff personal injury, legal, and mediation services in the parishes of: Ascension, East Baton Rouge, Jefferson, Livingston, New Orleans, St. Bernard, St. Helena, St. Tammany, Tangipahoa, and Washington.
We also offer walk-ins, hospital and jail notarial services and traffic court representation in St. Tammany Parish. Whether you need aggressive representation or a mediated resolution to your simple or complex legal issues at the trial or appellate level, call or email us. Both phone and office consultations are available and consultations for criminal defense and plaintiff personal injury cases are free.