COVID 19 Notice Effective 5 Jun 2020
*Free masks available for all consultations and to all litigation, mediation, and notary clients.*
1. None of our employees are exhibiting COVID 19 symptoms or have tested positive for COVID 19. In an effort to maintain our clients’ health, their families health, our employees and their families good health, employees are working from both the office and remotely. The office is staffed Monday through Friday 9:00 – 5:00. Masks are required.
2. JURY TRIALS are no longer suspended.
3. NOTARY PUBLIC: We have been granted the authority by the Governor to NOTARIZE AND WITNESS many documents remotely or in the office. Remotely it can be done if we can witness by video the signing of the document and receive proof of your identity.
4. FAMILY LAW CASES:
a. Shared custody and visitation is being handled differently by different parishes. Give us a call to find out your rights.
b. We have been granted the authority by the Chief Judge to FINALIZE ALL DIVORCE WITHOUT A COURT APPEARANCE for our clients.
c. Deputies are no longer available to SUPERVISE VISITATION.
d. Most custody evaluations are being conducted remotely.
e. We have been granted the authority by the Chief Judge to hold many HEARINGS BY VIDEO CONFERENCE for our clients:
– dress appropriately: no hats or pajamas,
– do not move around,
– limit background noise,
– make sure lighting is in front of you, not behind you,
– Ex Parte Custody Hearings,
– Emergency Interdiction hearings.
f. Child support hearings and Protective Order hearings are now being conducted in person.
5. JUVENILE COURT: We have been granted the authority of the Chief Judge to conduct hearings by VIDEO CONFERENCE for our clients.
6. CRIMINAL LAW:
a. Misdemeanour court has now reopened to the public.
7. PRESCRIPTION DEADLINES (Statute of Limitation deadlines) are extended until 5 Jul 2020.
DO NOT ASSUME THAT YOUR HEARING IS CONTINUED. Masks are required in all Courthouses.
Welcome to Ellen Cronin Badeaux, LLC
Frank J. D’Amico, Of Counsel
For more than 27 years, Ellen Cronin Badeaux, LLC has provided family law, criminal defense and plaintiff personal injury, legal, and mediation services in the parishes of: Ascension, East Baton Rouge, Jefferson, Livingston, New Orleans, St. Bernard, St. Helena, St. Tammany, Tangipahoa, and Washington.
We also offer walk-ins, hospital and jail notarial services and traffic court representation in St. Tammany Parish. Whether you need aggressive representation or a mediated resolution to your simple or complex legal issues at the trial or appellate level, call or email us. Both phone and office consultations are available and consultations for criminal defense and plaintiff personal injury cases are free.