1. DO carry UM insurance, this protects you not the other driver.
2. DO call the police if your car is damaged or you think you were injured even slightly and get the name of the police force he is with (Sheriff’s Office, City Police or State Troopers)..
3. Do NOT apologize or admit fault to anyone, your passengers, other drivers, the police, any adjusters including yours.
4. DO take photographs of the damage to all cars and stationary objects involved in the accident.
5. DO obtain insurance, license and registration information from all drivers involved.
6. Do NOT post anything on social media that you don’t want the judge or jury to see, like illegal activity or you dancing or mowing the lawn or working out. Your privacy setting will NOT protect you.
7. DO see a doctor within 24 hours if you think you were injured even slightly. Urgent care walk in clinics will always be cheaper than the ER. DO keep receipts for any out-of-pocket medical care:
* prescription receipts,
* parking at the doctor’s office,
* mileage to the doctor’s office,
* vacation, sick leave or lost wages to go to the doctor’s office.
8. DO report the accident to your insurance company within 24 hours. But again, do NOT admit any liability. DO tell the adjuster if you think you were injured even slightly.
9. DO keep proof of all monetary loss:
– receipts for rental cars,
– inventory any contents of your vehicle that were broken or stolen in the accident or while in storage,
– receipts for towing or storage.
10. DO take pictures of all of your bruises, casts, bandages and injuries 24 hours after the accident.
You are entitled to compensation for your pain an suffering, property damage, and medical expenses. You need an experienced attorney to maximize your recovery. The lawyers at Ellen Cronin Badeaux, LLC, have 26 years of personal injury law experience. Call for a FREE consultation at 985-892-1955 firstname.lastname@example.org In Ascension, E. Baton Rouge, Jefferson, Livingston, Orleans, St. Bernard, St. Tammany, Tangipahoa and Washington parishes. We have doctors to whom we can refer you and cover your medical expenses until your case is settled or we win at trial.