Car Accident – Tips
Car Accident – Tips
CAR ACCIDENTS: LEGAL TIPS
Every day situations arise that make you wish you had a friend in the legal profession to get some free advice. When it comes to car accidents, you want someone to tell you what you should or should not say so that you can quickly get back to your normal life without damaging a personal injury case down the road.
Car Accident Tips
Although circumstances surrounding car accidents in the greater New Orleans and Baton Rouge, LA metro and Northshore areas can vary significantly, some aspects remain the same:
- Do not flee from the scene of the accident. Even if no one in the accident sustained injuries, you may still be penalized for a hit-and-run driving.
- Do not admit fault for the accident. Even if it seems clear that your driving was the problem, there may be other factors, such as poorly maintained roads or municipal signage, that contributed to the accident.
- Contact a lawyer right away. Whether you need a criminal defense lawyer to fight DUI/DWI charges or a lawyer to fight for full personal injury compensation, an attorney will be better able to help you when involved in the case early.
Tips for Finding a Good Car Accident Lawyer
Not every attorney has the right qualifications and experience to help with your car accident case. To find a good attorney in the greater New Orleans and Baton Rouge, LA areas, follow these tips:
- Evaluate potential attorneys’ education and experience. Find a lawyer who graduated from a reputable law program and one who has experience with your kind of case. To find out if a potential lawyer has experience with car accidents (litigation or criminal defense), ask:
- How long have they practiced personal injury law?
- Have they taken cases to trial or settled them all?
- Have they ever received zero judgment?
- Gauge the level of personal attention a potential attorney can devote to your case. A personal injury attorney may have a stunning track record with cases like yours, but that doesn’t help you if your case is assigned to a paralegal. You may also feel ill at ease if your lawyer never responds to your phone calls or emails. Find out how personally involved a potential lawyer will be with your case.
- Find out a potential attorney’s fee schedule. Attorneys often charge an hourly rate that you owe regardless of the outcome of your case. However, some attorneys have a contingency fee schedule for personal injury cases—no legal fees are charged unless you receive compensation. An attorney who works on a contingency fee basis has a lot at stake in your case, too.
Friends and colleagues may also have some tips to help you find a car accident lawyer who will work for you.
Experienced Car Accident Lawyers
Ellen Cronin Badeaux, LLC has 27 years of experience representing New Orleans and Baton Rouge, LA metro and Northshore area victims and at-fault drivers of car accidents. We aggressively seek full compensation for victims of car accidents all the way to trial if necessary, and we fiercely protect the rights of drivers facing criminal charges. We know the law, and we’re committed to fighting for justice for our clients.
For help with your car accident case, contact Ellen Cronin Badeaux, LLC today.
Call (985)-892-1955 to schedule a FREE consultation with an experienced Louisiana car accident lawyer.
Ellen Cronin Badeaux, LLC serves the parishes of Ellen Cronin Badeaux, LLC serves the parishes of Ascension, East Baton Rouge, East Feliciana, Jefferson, Livingston Orleans, St. Bernard, St. Helena, St. Tammany, Tangipahoa, Washington, and West Feliciana. We are happy to help those in the communities of Amite, Baton Rouge, Chalmette, Covington, Denham Springs, Franklinton, Gonzales, Hammond, Livingston, Kenner , Madisonville, Mandeville, Metairie, New Orleans and Slidell.