Divorce Lawyer in Amite, LA
You probably never thought you’d find yourself needing a divorce lawyer. However, if you’re in that spot now, the best thing you can do for yourself and your children is to find a professional, trustworthy attorney to best represent your interests. In order to do this, it’s necessary to ask a few questions ahead of time. These include:
- Can I move out of state?
- How long have you been practicing family law?
- How many family law cases have you handled?
- What is your strategy for my case?
- How long will it take to resolve my case?
- How do I get a hold of you if there is an emergency? And also, what do you consider to be an emergency?
- Will anyone else in your office, like a paralegal, be working on my case? What experience do they have?
- Can I meet them before I pay my retainer?
- When can I start dating?
- What can I do to protect myself?
- What’s your estimate of the total cost of this divorce?
Do not be alarmed that most divorce attorneys will resist answering how much the divorce will cost. In fact, the cost of the divorce depends greatly upon the level of conflict in your case, which can not always be foreseen. However, the way attorneys answer this question, and all of the others, may help you decide how trustworthy they are. An attorney that gives you an unrealistically low amount may just be trying to get your business, only to fail to deliver later on when it matters.
For those in the Amite, Louisiana area, all of these questions can and will be best answered by the family attorneys at Ellen Cronin Badeaux LLC. We have been practicing family law and domestic law in the Amite, Louisiana area for 24 years. Contact us at (985) 892-1955 and talk with our divorce attorneys today.